Manager, National and Protective Security
Job Reference is incorrect or Job applications for selected Job have closed.
External Vacancy – Open to Everyone
Security, Emergency and Recovery Management
$117,554 - $121,992
Up to 12 Months
01 Dec 2022
Help shape national and protective security policy development
Build your network across the SA and national emergency management sector
Enjoy working in a small, dynamic and supportive team
The role will lead a small team to deliver state level policy advice on national security, protective security and counter terrorism matters. The role will provide high-quality advice to the Director with recommendations for the Executive and Premier, identify opportunities to enhance the State’s arrangements in a changing context and prepare briefings on complex matters. This role will also support the team’s broader emergency management responsibilities and will work in the State Crisis Centre during emergencies.
- The Incumbent will be required to participate in the department's Performance Management Program.
- The Incumbent may be assigned to another position at this remuneration level or equivalent.
- Some work outside of normal hours will be required.
- Some interstate travel involving overnight absences will be required.
- This role requires a National Police Clearance
- Applicants will be required to undergo the appropriate and relevant Employment Screening Assessment(s) required for this role in line with the DPC Employment Screening Policy.
- Applicants will be required gain a National Security Clearance up to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- Applications from those wishing to work less than full-time hours will be considered, subject to the team requirements.
- All SERM staff are required to participate in the State Crisis Centre during exercises and incidents and be on the on-call roster for the State Crisis Centre and State Emergency Centre.
For more information please see the role description:
Role Description - Manager National and Protective Security.pdf
About the Department
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) drives the Premier's priorities in South Australia.
Our staff enjoy working with colleagues who value integrity, knowledge and intellectual capability.
They are committed to providing personal advice and services, and more importantly, don't see what they do as "just a job".
They exemplify the public sector purpose: Making a difference so South Australia thrives.
About the Business
Security Emergency and Recovery Management provides
authoritative policy advice on issues of interest to the Premier and to
Cabinet, and leads cross-agency initiatives across the security and emergency
management sectors. Security and Emergency Management drives the
public sector’s policy response to significant state emergencies and disasters.
Enquiries to Kirsten-Leigh Barr - A/Director
0487 041 032
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.